venerdì, ottobre 14, 2005

The Eddie G. Timeline

I found this from TMY's blog as I was scouring it to kill time before I start on my assignments proper. Found it quite a nice way to get the creative juices flowing. So there.

1984: 21 years ago.

10th March is a much celebrated holiday around where I grew up. I figure there's no need in explaining why?

1986: 19 years ago.

My ever memory was when I was around the age of 2. If memory serves, I was being fed. Explains a lot, doesn't it? Also, I remembered snippets of my life where my mother would carry me in her arms while she went out for a walk around the neighbourhood every evening. These were my pre-Singapore days.

1995: 10 years ago.

I was in Primary 5, Rosyth School. It was apparently a prestigious school, one of the best in Singapore. Established the reputation for being the laziest and most apathetic bastard-prankster in school. Yes. I started early. Bonus points for holding such a title in a prestigious school.

2000: 5 years ago.

I was in Secondary Four, doing my "O" Levels in Anglo-Chinese School (Independent) - another prestigious school. Had a girlfriend, but broke up because she was stupid. Became damn lan-ci-lan-yong (stuck-up). Began to think that the World owed me a living and that my Literature teachers shouldn't be offended by the use of the word "fuck" in class because they were supposed to be more liberal. Ho-hum. Began having the misconception that my Chinese teacher also shouldn't be offended by the use of the words "fuck", "bollocks" and "genitalia" simply because she probably didn't understand any goddamn English. "Big mistake!" my Discipline Master later told me.

2002: 3 years ago

I was in my second and final year of Junior College, preparing for my "A" Levels. I didn't have a girlfriend, although I was in love with a girl from choir (cliche huh?). Obviously, she didn't give two fucks about me. Ho-hum. Still bore the notion that my Literature teachers would appreciate a little profanity in my essays because their meaningless lives must probably have bored the bejeebers out of them. Tried that in my Macro-Economics essay too. The look on my tutor's face after that was priceless!

2005: This year

Currently doing second year in Monash University. I won't say which Campus, though. I still don't have a girlfriend, although I'm in love with a girl from my course. Obviously, she too, doesn't give two fucks about me either. Ho-hum. Decided to drop the notion of using profanities in my written work, mostly because I'd rather lose marks in more meaningful ways (i.e. handing them up late). The July Semester must have probably been the most meaningful to me by far, minus the emotional roller-coaster ride, of course.

2006: Next year

I would be doing my third and final year in Monash University. With any luck, I might have a girlfriend. But you'll never know, eh? It's hard to predict the future, but I hope to get the Camel's second album fully recorded by the end of next year. Now that I've more or less grasped the key concepts of filmmaking from Fikri, Meng Yoe and Wilson, I'd dare say that the sky indeed is my limit.

2015: 10 years from now

Holy shit! I'll be 31 then! If my plan works out, I'll probably have attained my Ph.D. in English from University of Cambridge, and lecturing in NUS or perhaps even... wait for it... Monash University (I still won't say which campus). Hopefully I'll be married with children. That would be nice, wouldn't it? Or maybe I'll be a rockstar. Either suits me.

Ye who seek for audience, let ye speak now!

And so it came to past that at 14 ottobre, 2005 17:17, in the presence of The Eddie G., Anonymous Anonimo had spoken the following...

eeyer i got 1 and half years more 2 go !
and about the "she" .... sometimes, people need to fall really hard to realize their mistkes.. hopefully when they do, the pain jolts them and their eyes are open wider..to see what is really true in front..
-keLz

 
And so it came to past that at 15 ottobre, 2005 00:15, in the presence of The Eddie G., Blogger Superratty@TMY had spoken the following...

lol. nice to know that you have planned your future so well.

 
And so it came to past that at 18 ottobre, 2005 17:15, in the presence of The Eddie G., Anonymous Anonimo had spoken the following...

I'm obviously curious who "she" is but... well, keep persisting. Maybe someday she can see. Maybe she won't. Maybe you will see. Maybe you won't. Only time will tell eh..

 
And so it came to past that at 18 ottobre, 2005 20:35, in the presence of The Eddie G., Blogger Eddie G. had spoken the following...

Kelz: Life will still go on. I've learnt not to depend on her to make me happy, or anyone for that matter

TMY: I concur. How many lecturers turned rockstar have you seen hahaha :)

jtm: Um... sorry, but i don't really recognize your initials. you are?

 
And so it came to past that at 23 ottobre, 2005 01:15, in the presence of The Eddie G., Blogger Unknown had spoken the following...

Heh heh, you think very far.

The girls don't give 2 f for you because they feel you are too good for them liaoz. You deserve someone better. :)

 
And so it came to past that at 23 ottobre, 2005 21:29, in the presence of The Eddie G., Blogger Eddie G. had spoken the following...

Lancerlord! Long time no see man! Haven't been to your blog in ages. School work has been holding me back. Be seing you soon though. Cheers!

 

Posta un commento

<< Home