martedì, ottobre 18, 2005

General Consensus

Ok guys. I really need your opinions. If you're reading this, I'd appreciate it if you could leave your comments behind, no matter who you are.

Question 1: (for everybody)

Do you think I should continue having a friendship with someone who doesn't appreciate me? Okay that may be a bit too harsh. Let me rephrase it. Should I continue having a friendship with someone who claims that I'm her best friend, admits that she's not been showing her appreciation for me, promises to make things up, but ultimately doesn't lift a goddamn finger to do shit? The thing is, I really want to. But deep down inside, I feel bad if I were to do so. What do you guys think?

Question 2: (for those who know me and know my predicament)
This question is for only those who know what's going on. If you have no idea whatsoever, please don't bother asking. I won't tell you anyway.

Do you think I'm being to selfish here? Have I treated her in such a way that I truly deserve the way she's treating me now? Is it being hypocritical of me when I say that she should appreciate me more? Is it ever possible to be a friend of anyone without expecting anything in return?

Take the floor, people!

Ye who seek for audience, let ye speak now!

And so it came to past that at 18 ottobre, 2005 22:03, in the presence of The Eddie G., Blogger morning glory had spoken the following...

For girls, acting non chalant comes as an idle habit. Dont worry about it. BE a man! Quit your whining. Girls in real life are for sissies. Online girls is where the party's at hahaha.

 
And so it came to past that at 19 ottobre, 2005 22:07, in the presence of The Eddie G., Anonymous Anonimo had spoken the following...

I say move on with your life man, since she doesn't give a damn, don't waste your time. And pay more attention to people that gives u the damn u deserve!

 
And so it came to past that at 19 ottobre, 2005 23:17, in the presence of The Eddie G., Anonymous Anonimo had spoken the following...

y do u bother wif ppl who obviously dun give 2 fucks abt u n even try to humiliate u subtly n is rude to u? looks 4 u when onli when u r needed by her? move on man this has been going long enough...period

 
And so it came to past that at 20 ottobre, 2005 08:12, in the presence of The Eddie G., Blogger Nathaniel Soo had spoken the following...

Being the pacifist "Love All Serve All" type, I'd say don't ignore her totally nor devote 100% of your attention to her at the same time. Just do as normal friends do lah. Say "Hi" and at least maintain cordial relationships. Also, sometimes it's really quite possible that she's really too caught up with other matters/people. Happens to all of us and I've lost a lot of friends this way as well.

At the end of the day, I believe that we're all human and cannot be there for everyone 100% of the time. As a result, some of our friends get short-changed. Also, don't make the mistake of being possessive. "To truly love someone is to set them free" t'was once said.

:-)

 
And so it came to past that at 21 ottobre, 2005 00:22, in the presence of The Eddie G., Blogger joanne liyeng had spoken the following...

Tell her it hurts you that she's being such a hypocrite. And let her know that if she says she wants to make things up, she HAS to do it. Else, don't say it at all. Saying and not doing only makes things worse. But don't cut off the friendship with her permanantly. I agree with Chang Hao on that. :)

Am going through the same, somehow. Take heart. You deserve more, Ed. ;)

 
And so it came to past that at 21 ottobre, 2005 20:24, in the presence of The Eddie G., Anonymous Anonimo had spoken the following...

I agree with joanne. Good luck man.

 
And so it came to past that at 23 ottobre, 2005 13:39, in the presence of The Eddie G., Blogger Fikri had spoken the following...

I won't tell you what to do here. It is your life, and therefore your choice what you do with it. But before you make that choice, this is my Thought of Wisdom for the day:

"The world is a sum that is greater than its parts. We know that. But no matter how hard we try, we can only see the world through the part that is ours, our eyes a window to the world." - Fikri 2005

And DJ Zach has a nice ring to it, I think... :> Saphire's Tear by Eddie G. (the DJ Zach remix feat. Yokielicious).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

 
And so it came to past that at 23 ottobre, 2005 20:25, in the presence of The Eddie G., Blogger Eddie G. had spoken the following...

Fik, it's not the DJ Zach is not the Zeck we know (that's how his name is spelt).

DJ Zach is actually my friend from Junior College :)

Your quote made a lot of sense, regardless. Thanks for the advice :D

 
And so it came to past that at 23 ottobre, 2005 20:35, in the presence of The Eddie G., Anonymous Anonimo had spoken the following...

Erm.. as a bro... I dun noe what the hell is going on....
any way.. wanna hear my comment?? haha.. i noe u in no mood to crap now so me will tell u what me things.. me jaja bings,thinks that darth vadar gotta give in to queen amadala.. cause she is good frens of darth vadar.

so take care.
ROCK ON

 
And so it came to past that at 23 ottobre, 2005 20:55, in the presence of The Eddie G., Anonymous Anonimo had spoken the following...

dude, I said it before.. it's all about what you really want. If she's that important to you as a friend then you do what's necessary. If it ain't worth your time and effort and it don't mean 2 cents to you, then forget it and move on.

 
And so it came to past that at 23 ottobre, 2005 21:10, in the presence of The Eddie G., Blogger Eddie G. had spoken the following...

I don't recall knowing anyone by the name of "anonymous". Perhaps if you had left your name, your words would have meant a whole lot more for me.

 
And so it came to past that at 23 ottobre, 2005 22:08, in the presence of The Eddie G., Blogger Eddie G. had spoken the following...

Anonymous: There really is no doubt that she is important to me. If you know her, and more importantly if you know me, then you will realize that there really is nothing that I won't do for her.

It's not a question about whether she means anything to me. It's about whether I mean anything to her.

 
And so it came to past that at 24 ottobre, 2005 00:37, in the presence of The Eddie G., Anonymous Anonimo had spoken the following...

I have been following through your blog for some time. You seem like a guy with a soft spot for some girl which manifests herself in your fantastic dreams and stories.

Anyway, if you ask me, don't dwell on the impossible. Move on to what's possible. I won't say much about her but do you think it's wirth the loyalty sticking with her or do you think no matter how much you bother, she won't every care? you know the situation better.

probably, you even already have an answer but seeking for some confirmation.

 
And so it came to past that at 24 ottobre, 2005 09:55, in the presence of The Eddie G., Blogger Eddie G. had spoken the following...

Alice: "Don't dwell on the impossible". Of all the people who have commented, you seem the first to know about how "impossible" my situation is. You seem to know a lot more than you claim to do.

Regardless, I thank you for your advice. The truth is, I am not merely seeking confirmation. I don't even know the answers myself. I don't even know what the situation is at this given point.

You're right. I do have a soft spot for her. And sometimes I can't help feeling that it's being exploited. It has been a vicious cycle. She takes me for granted, and then she apologises and things get back to where they were before she starts taking me for granted again.

Perhaps i had enough. No one likes an emotional roller coaster ride.

I am no exception

 
And so it came to past that at 27 ottobre, 2005 20:48, in the presence of The Eddie G., Blogger Unpredictable Mortal had spoken the following...

As someone, i should say, who knows what you are going through, i've said it before, and now again, it's a decision that only you alone can make. It's true that life, we meet people around us who does not appreciate our friendship or never even stop to think twice on how things between each other can be improved in order for both parties to not feel hostality in the air or adopting ignorance as the best policy. If you know what i'm trying to say.

Basically, if you think that what's worth most to you is your friendship with her, then why bother dwelling on the times of ignorance that she has given to you. Why not just sit down with her, talk to her, and find out what she wants from you. If the answer is not what you thought you were getting, at least you know which position you are at in her life. By then, you have a clear picture on what you need to do in order to get your happiness back and put your frustration to an end.

As a friend of yours who will be leaving to Australia next year. I guess i apologize for not taking the time to sit down and discuss things with you like we did before i got together with Zeck. Anyways, feel free to always give me a call, and hopefully what i've written above will give you a clear picture or idea of what action you should take next or just stay shut in a corner where things will never be solved.

 

Posta un commento

<< Home