mercoledì, marzo 15, 2006

The Monash Blues

I wasn't able to sleep last night. So aside from thinking about that special someone whom I care for so much about, I picked up the guitar and started strumming some 6/8 blues chord progressions.

The cool thing about blues is that it complains about anything and everything in general. And what better thing to complain about than our beloved Monash Malaysia, the campus we (as in all those who are in it) all love to hate. In a matter of minutes, the lyrics started flowing in. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: The following might offend some people, especially those who have a dim sense of humour. And if you are offended, then this post has served its purpose, because to cut a long story short, it's probably most likely that you are one of those wankers whom I'm talking about. Learn to laugh at yourself, because if not I'll do the laughing for you, and everyone else for that matter.

The Monash Blues
by Eddie G.


This morning I was late for class
But the security guard wouldn't let me pass
"Where's your Monash ID?" he said
I think the power's getting to his head
I've got the blues
Baby I've got the Monash Blues

I'm sittin' in lectures, starin' at the screen
My eyes are turnin' red and my face is turnin' green
I looked at the lecturer, he looked at me
I worked so hard but all I got was a P
I've got the blues
Baby I've got the Monash Blues

I'm a growin' man; I eat when I could
I guess I'll have me some cafeteria food
The cafe's a prison 'cos the food is like hell
I guess I'll eat up and head back to my cell
I've got the blues
Baby I've got the Monash Blues

I guess I must have had too much to drink
I'll pay a little visit to the toilet I think
But when I got there, you could imagine the scene
"Cleanin' in progress" if you know what I mean
I've got the blues
Baby I've got the Monash Blues

[musical interlude]

I'm headin' to the com lab to print my stuff
There are many computers, but there ain't enough
And there are some fuckers who leave their shit on
They go for a smoke and then *POOF* they're gone
I've got the blues
Baby I've got the Monash Blues

The MUSA Student Lounge is a cool place to be
Until the Sunway College bastards come in for free
They should keep to their side of the school
Instead of playing our foosball and playing our pool
I've got the blues
Baby I've got the Monash Blues

I'm just a poor sod, and that's a fact
The tuition fees have broken my back
And let me tell you somethin' - this ain't funny
The MUSA wankers are wastin' our money
I've got the blues
Baby I've got the Monash Blues

We live in oppresion and organized crime
They've stolen our money and stolen our time
All this red tape really makes me sick
The Sunway Group can suck my lollipop
I've got the blues
Baby I've got the Monash Blues

I've got the blues
Yea I've got the blues
Help me! I've got the blues
Baby I've got the Monash Blueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

[standing ovation; take a bow Eddie G.]

Footnote: See, Lee. It's easy to write lyrics, all you have do is be bored, or can't sleep, or whatever. You get my point. :P Good luck, dear.

Ye who seek for audience, let ye speak now!

And so it came to past that at 23 marzo, 2006 06:23, in the presence of The Eddie G., Blogger Leanne had spoken the following...

heh i just realised that you posted CHLOE up! awwww i might be biased but its the coolest story you've put up lately - hehehehe.

as for the Monash Blues.. brings me back 2 years ago and remembering all those things. yes the toilets (even though they are always cleaning in progress) continue to SMELL. the labs ARE ALWAYS FULL.. and those guards are dicks.

cheer up, at least you still have good cheap food in the town u live in.. i came back to melb and was horrified by the amount i had to pay... TEARS. like AUD$9 for one meal? man thats RM25 i could spend on... half a pair of shoe.

dude, beleive it or not, id do anything to go back to sunwway TODAY all the above reasons wahahhah!!

ciao ciao, got class to go to.

 
And so it came to past that at 23 marzo, 2006 11:13, in the presence of The Eddie G., Blogger Eddie G. had spoken the following...

Why would want to eat half a pair of shoe?

Yes I know you want to come back to Sunway, because of Eddie G. right? ;)

 
And so it came to past that at 23 marzo, 2006 20:08, in the presence of The Eddie G., Anonymous Anonimo had spoken the following...

Haha!

Great stuff... :)

 
And so it came to past that at 29 marzo, 2006 10:49, in the presence of The Eddie G., Anonymous Anonimo had spoken the following...

What's with the "Suck My Lollipop"?! Doesn't rhyme!

:-D

Chang Hao

 
And so it came to past that at 29 marzo, 2006 13:56, in the presence of The Eddie G., Blogger Eddie G. had spoken the following...

Because of political correctness. What rhymes with "sick" that has similar properties to a lollipop?

 
And so it came to past that at 30 marzo, 2006 12:46, in the presence of The Eddie G., Anonymous Anonimo had spoken the following...

You can always use the word "stick"...

Politically correct and rhymes!

Chang Hao

 
And so it came to past that at 31 marzo, 2006 08:45, in the presence of The Eddie G., Blogger Eddie G. had spoken the following...

Yes, but it's MY blog and MY blues. So Lollipop i say, lollipop it shall remain. Stick is too obvious anyway. If you're still not happy, you can suck my lollipop :P

 

Posta un commento

<< Home